Warehouse Improvement Lead
Murray Myers is recruiting for an exceptional hands-on operational professional who is relentless in their pursuit of perfection through the application of continuous improvement and excellent manufacturing processes.
You will be joining a highly successful business, with a diverse and talented team across quality, procurement, operations & engineering who will support you in eliminating performance gaps and maximizing efficiency opportunities across our world-beating manufacturing site in Telford.
This role is responsible for leading performance-driven initiatives. In the relentless pursuit for improvement in your area, you will take the operational lead and have responsibility for driving out waste & inefficiency in your area, through the application of the site’s digital systems and proven improvement methodology.
• Ensure improvements to drive the efficient running of the warehouse by Leading and supporting continuous improvement projects to drive operational excellence and cost-effectiveness.
• Ensure that effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) exist and are maintained for all production-based activities and practices in your area.
• Conduct thorough assessments of existing warehouse processes and identify areas for improvement.
• Develop and implement strategies to optimize inventory control, order picking/packing, and overall warehouse efficiency.
• Defining problems precisely through data-driven analysis and observation ensuring the timely implementation of permanent improvements and validating the efficiency of the change.
• Analysing and reporting on warehouse processes, methods, schedules, waste management, and losses.
• Ensuring that improvement activities, learning, and training are embedded in positive safety and quality cultures on the site.
• Building strong relationships, gaining buy-in from key stakeholders and ensuring best practice implementation.
With extensive warehousing experience and continuous improvement knowledge, you will ideally be:
• TPM / Lean Warehousing knowledge
• In-depth knowledge and experience of warehousing/manufacturing processes in a highly automated Lean manufacturing environment.
• Experienced in the following manufacturing sectors, Food & Drink Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, FMCG, Aerospace, Automotive (Tier 1), or Medical Devices.
• Demonstrate infectious positivity, relentless drive through resilience & a can-do attitude.
• Extensive experience in successful applications of Lean, 6 sigma, Kaizen, etc.
• Excellent communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills.
• Expert Data analysis skills
• 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (after years’ service).
• Competitive Salary – Up to £46,000 dependent on experience
• Life assurance and health insurance
• Company pension (8%) or auto-enrolment
• Benefits schemes