Utilities Design Coordinator
UK, West Midlands
About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI have an exciting opportunity for a Utilities Design Coordinator to join the Sublot 8 team on HS2 in Lichfield.
Assist the Design Manager in carrying out a variety of utility design elements, co-ordination of deliverables and assurance with other duties as required.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing support to the Design Manager in achieving the correct design outcomes and deliverables
- Work in accordance with the BBV Design Management Plan and the Basis of Design documents.
- Reviewing and contributing to the management of change where it affects design
- Oversight of tracking of Technical Assurance completion
- Managing other stakeholders on aspects of design as part of a wider team
- Day to day tasks will be allocated by the Design Manager/PM for completion
- Applying and maintaining BBV, HS2 and statutory providers governance and business management procedures
- Ensure the utilities design information (IDR, FDR, as-builts) are transmitted through the correct document control systems and referencing
- Ensure third party designs are moved to the correct parties for comments/coordination
- Ensure SSAIPs are officially shared with third party designers
- Assist SL teams in NRSWA payment process and forms completion to HS2
- Maintain an up-to-date design assumption log and close out prior to final technical assurance stages.
- Maintain an up-to-date design risk register and close out prior to final technical assurance stages.
Who we’re looking for
- Professional qualification degree or HNC level is desirable
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations and, in particular, Designer and Principal Designer duties
- Experience working with utility companies and multi utility disciplines
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground-breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long-established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure