Utilities Construction Manager
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for Utilities Construction Managers to join our team to work on HS2, based in Coleshill, Birmingham.
To provide management of multi-utility construction delivery, ensuring projects are planned, delivered safely, to the approved budget and to the expected high-quality standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Overall management of project delivery teams during the construction and installation phase of the contestable multi utility diversions (Water, Gas, Power & Telecoms)
- Co-ordination of best for project constructability
- Ensures the supply chain and other third parties adhere to the EMRs and U&As associated with the relevant geographical area
- Manage the co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects
- Liaises with the Project Manager and supply chain to ensure and manage the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill sets for the project programme and projected workload
- Overall performance management of supply chain partners and subcontractors
- Ensure safety in design in factored into all designs and constructability reviews
- Ensure that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with the employers works information and utility undertakers reasonable requirements
- Interfaces with all other managers within the team to input into successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through assembly, installation, commissioning, and handover to the undertaker and HS2
- Build positive relationships with all third-party interfaces particularly, statutory undertakers, supply chain and highways
- Manage weekly delivery progress meetings with all parties and ensure actions are delivered in good time.
Who we’re looking for
Previous experience working as a Construction Manager
Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Compliance management
Direct manage teams on site sub contractors and direct operatives.
NEC Contract aware
Hands on utilities site experience
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.