UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
What you’ll be doing
- Management of all aspects of tunnels (TBM, SCL, shafts, cut and cover), including phasing and contingency planning
- Management of varied infrastructure works, together with testing and handover
- Management and development of a multi-disciplinary team, comprising of Works Manager, Agents, Section Engineers, Site Engineers
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in Tunnel Management as part of a major project
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility and supervise others in this regard.
- Excellent team player, able to work effectively and independently without supervision.
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
- SMSTS qualified
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.