What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver a fully integrated and coordinated Temporary Works (TW) design ready for construction to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for coordination of the TW design with the permanent works designer, TW designers (including design packages delivered by Parent Company and supply chain) and construction teams.
- Supporting the Principal Contractors Temporary Works Coordinator (PC TWC) in developing design briefs and identification of the requirements for temporary works.
- Checks and reviews of the temporary works designs and ensuring independent checks and reviews where necessary as agreed with the TW Manager. Resolution of all comments before Issue for Construction.
- Supervision and coordination of CAD and junior temporary works design resources.
- Support to the permanent works (PW) designer providing advice on buildability
- Review of method statement and work plans and other construction documents.
- Monitoring the TW design of the supply chain, reporting on progress and performance.
- Ensure the role of the Designer is fulfilled in accordance with CDM2015 and ensure that a CDM Design Risk Register is maintained documenting the design actions taken with due regard to the Principles of Prevention. This requires active use of BBVs CDM Safetibase and engagement with HS2 operations and maintenance representatives.
- Ensure the design meets the HS2 Environmental Minimum Requirements, including all requirements for environmental mitigation.