Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Our Global OTT team develops and supports technologies for Sky, globally. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world’s best entertainment.
“As a Technical Analyst you’ll be knowledgeable/passionate about technology and keen to drive the NOW portfolio forward, working closely with other people and using agile methodologies to ensure your projects succeed. You’ll be primarily responsible for creating technical implementation stories needed to deliver the technical, product and user experience requirements for NOW Web/Desktop app across the UK, Ireland, Germany and Italy” – Delivery Manager
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of technical implementation stories for product requirements from inception through to implementation
- Identify and document technical requirements to help the development of the Web/Desktop app
- Document processes and flows of existing features to inform the future development of the Web/Desktop application and for other code bases or devices
- Maintain a broad understanding of NOW’s strategic goals
- Work with client development, UX and engineering teams to develop reusable solutions for different countries and business propositions
- Understand and support the technology team’s architecture, internationalisation principles and development best practices
- Engage with the wider analyst community
- Work closely with the scrum master and participate in agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily stand-ups and retrospectives
What you‘ll bring:
- Experience in creating business systems or customer facing products (web, mobile, applications, etc.)
- The ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and practices
- Experience in working with teams adopting agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Proven experience of day-to-day agile technical analyst/product owner responsibilities (backlog refinement, planning sessions, showcases, capturing stories/cards/acceptance criteria etc.)
- Motivation, independence and comfort working in an ambiguous environment, as well as the ability to interact confidently with software developers, testers and scrum masters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to present to different levels of stakeholders (including senior management)
- An understanding of video streaming application ecosystems, including App Stores and TV device consumer usage patterns
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special. Here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- Generous pension package and private healthcare plan
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight courses
- A permanent, secure contract from the start (no probationary period)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to support our people as much as we can with flexible working.
Especially during these challenging times, we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. We’re currently recruiting through a fully remote interview process and you’ll also be able to start work with us remotely. But you’ll need to be living in the UK at the time of start and able to work freely in the country.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruiter, Wander Amorim, who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSkyacross social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.