Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Job Title: Team Leader
Location : Shrewsbury
Benefits: 21 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme- Caterpillar will double the employee’s contribution Up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- Caterpillar will match 50% of the employee’s contribution
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not Supported
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company. You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
An opportunity has arisen for a Caterpillar Production System (CPS) Team Leader to lead the New Component (ferrous and aluminum) Machining & Salvage Process Areas, coordinate projects and CPS initiatives, reporting directly to the Section Manager. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a range of experiences including a broad machining or operational background, and ability to lead teams and coach others. The purpose of this post is to develop the team, deliver the production plan, exceed cost targets, and ensure that products are defect free. In addition, it is expected that the post holder will ensure and promote a safe, clean and organized environment for all staff.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand the overall flow of the areas and the technical aspects of the component for features generated in area of responsibility.
- Adjust area staffing to meet schedule requirements and support the section’s production plan.
- Act as a practitioner and teacher of fundamental CPS principles and be committed to their successful implementation. Be responsible for continually looking for and identifying WASTE.
- Meet production requirements while maintaining a positive working relationship with the Team Members in the areas.
- Identify quality, personnel, safety and production issues and bring them to the immediate attention of the Section Manager to minimize the given problem’s impact.
- Own the metrics for the given area and be accountable for metric accuracy and timeliness of their reporting.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Demonstrate previous leadership qualities and successes
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive team-oriented attitude
- Problem solving / analytical skills
- Customer focus
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to multi-task
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Engineering or manufacturing systems experience
- Broad machining / operational experience
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .