Join us for 16 months and we will give you our world.
DLA Piper, a global law firm, transforming to drive efficiencies across the entire international business, striving for a best in class service delivery and operational excellence both effective for our internal and external service provision, is now looking for an experienced Direct Tax professional, who will join the Central Tax team. This individual will take on a role which is exciting not only for its versatility, but also it is coming up at times, when our business runs multiple sizable projects effecting the entire business, which creates an exciting opportunity for this individual to take on a challenge which does not come around too frequently. The role it a 16 months’ fixed term arrangement serving as a maternity cover.
The Central Tax Team are responsible for providing strategic tax advice, implementing tax policies, managing tax risk and ensuring / monitoring adherence to tax compliance obligations across the International firm. The Tax Project Manager role offers a unique opportunity to lead and deliver a wide range of strategic projects across our international tax function. This will include building key relationships with stakeholders in the firm, managing projects and reporting.
Join us at this exciting time and apply!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run and report on projects to resolve international and UK tax related issues within the business;
- Review of structure / restructure of entities internationally;
- Review of partner related structures internationally;
- Review of potential tax implications of forthcoming legislation and regulation changes;
- Review and mitigate potential permanent establishment risks;
- Monitor and develop tax risk management processes, policies and controls;
- Liaison with tax authorities;
- Report to the firm’s tax committee as required; and
- Assessment and management of the firm’s risk in relation to the corporate criminal offence for failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion.
- Work collaboratively with all key internal stakeholders including Finance and in-house counsel, as well as in cooperation with client facing teams;
- Maintain comprehensive records;
- Develop relationships with key personnel;
- Liaise with the firm’s external tax advisors on large projects, where necessary; and
- Provide cover or support when the Head of Tax and Partner Services, Senior Tax Managers and Tax Managers are unavailable.
Project management skills
- Have strong planning and organisational skills, accepting ownership of and accountability for tasks.
- Have the ability to actively manage and deliver on multiple cross-functional projects.
- Be comfortable multi-tasking and working to conflicting timescales and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a self-starter and direct personal work efforts.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade and resolve conflict at all levels, from individual contributor to executive management and across the organisation.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to management in a clear and effective manner.
- Sets high standards and expects high performance of self.
- Have a strong client service orientation with a bias for action.
- Be able to balance a high volume of work and deliver consistently high-quality work under pressure.
- Design and embed end-to-end solutions – from entity level to individual partner level tax considerations.
- Be a proactive thinker with practical solutions that are risk-minded and balance business strategies with financial priorities.
- Be logical, analytical and intelligent with an ability to work in a flexible, agile manner, mindful of other non-tax constraints.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels within the organisation in all jurisdictions.
- Have the interpersonal skills to work as part of a larger team to deliver seamless services to the firm.
- Be able to work under their own initiative as well as being part of a team.
- Demonstrate a flexible and collaborative personal working style.
- Self-motivated, organised and able to work under pressure without close supervision.
- Ability to engage and motivate teams representing multiple viewpoints to achieve business objectives.
- Strong ethic to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and firm policies.
- Must be a qualified accountant or chartered tax advisor.
- Experienced in tax strategy, implementation, planning, support and project management and demonstrate strong tax research skills.
- Have a strong knowledge of tax fundamentals across different areas of tax and be able to apply that existing knowledge and experience to international practices and legislation.
- Knowledge of International taxation laws and partnership taxation is advantageous.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold – we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional – we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
: United Kingdom-Leeds
: United Kingdom-Sheffield, United Kingdom-Manchester