UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Tunnel Surveyor to join our team to work in Bromford
Responsible for management of all monitoring data including construction progress, production of graphical and tabular output, meeting attendance and data presentation where required, and for co-ordinating the up-and downloading of information to and from BBVs Database and data backup system;
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for management of all monitoring data including construction progress, production of graphical and tabular output, meeting attendance and data presentation where required, and for co-ordinating the up-and downloading of information to and from BBVs Database and data backup system
- Configure newly installed instrumentation within the user interface
- Check that all I&M data exported is shared correctly and ensure data quality and the identification of anomalous data takes place.
- Responsible to carry out all day to day survey requirements on site;
Who we’re looking for
- Previous experience in the Tunnels, ground works, structures and heavy civil;
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately;
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.