Sub Agent (SL8)
UK, West Midlands, Lichfield
About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI has a fantastic opportunity for a Sub Agent to join our team to work on the HS2 project. As part of the team you will be working on a major section of the project including Heavy Civils, Excavations, Bulk Earthworks, Concrete Structures etc.
What you’ll be doing
- Allocate tasks to Section Engineers, Site Engineers and supervise the task to completion.
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed to ensure that the works are delivered to specification.
- In association with the Section Foreman, assess the plant and resource requirements to meet the demands of site and office based works.
- Produce / Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works.
- Carry out checks of the scheme during construction on site, liaising with the TWC and Site Team.
- Preparing and issuing Temporary Works Briefs to the relevant design departments.
- Ensure Site Engineers complete setting out in accordance with design.
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
- Liaise with other Sub Agents to ensure any clashes on site are managed to ensure a smooth flow of work.
Who we’re looking for
- Degree qualified in civil engineering or equivalent
- Previous supervisory or management experience is essential
- Experience working as Senior Section Engineer or a Sub Agent on a large civil engineering scheme
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.