My client is recruiting for a site engineer to join a growing business that can offer excellent career progression in addition to real personal development prospects.
You need to have
· a good practical electrical and mechanical knowledge and demonstrable skillset – someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and enjoys fixing things!
· a flexible attitude to work – including occasional overnight stays away from home when necessary, an often 8-hour-plus working day and some weekend working therefore, due to the demanding nature of our customer base
· adaptability, initiative, self-motivated, disciplined and self-reliant in the role as, effectively, an ambassador of the Company during working hours
· some software and/or electronics knowledge would also be beneficial
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
· initially, assisting our site engineers with regular scheduled calibration and servicing ‘Process Weighing Equipment/System’ onsite commitments for our clients (eventually attending such sites on their own to carry out such work after suitable training)
· attending both emergency and non-urgent breakdown call-out requests from their customers
· the manual handling of test weights for calibration purposes, for loading floor-mounted platform weigh-scales and weigh-hoppers
· liaison with our other skilled and experienced engineering team, both colleagues and those of our customers (and partners), in a competent and professional manner
· assistance with other vital duties for the business, such as deliveries and collections of test/calibration equipment
Salary: Within the range of £20,000 to £30,000 PA – depending on level of experience and capability, including regular overtime (which is a pre-requisite for the work we do to meet the often-demanding requirements of our customers).
Normal Hours: 8–12 per week-day (including travel time).
Holiday: 25 days free-choice plus statutory (currently 8) Bank Holidays.
Other benefits: Expenses, Auto-Enrolled Pension Scheme and future provision of Private Health cover.