Site Engineer (SL5s)
UK, West Midlands
About the role
Balfour Beatty VINCI have exciting opportunities for Site Engineers to work on HS2, based near Birmingham, focusing on major Structures and Drainage packages.
Working as part of our Sublot 2 team you will be working on structures and/or drainage schemes.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure all permits are applied for and in place, ready for site work to begin.
- Ensure the Inspection and Test Plans, and Quality Check Sheets are completed as soon as the checks can be completed.
- Setting out and surveying.
- Make effective use of document control to manage distribution of information.
- Develop and Approve relevant procedures specific to the area of works.
- Approve method statements and risk assessments and ensure they are being followed throughout the works.
- Regularly liaising with the client
- Ensure Design Drawings are marked up to reflect works completed as the works are finished.
- Liaise with other Sections to ensure any clashes on site are managed to ensure a smooth flow of work.
- Regularly review procedures to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
Who we’re looking for
- Qualified to degree level in civil engineering or equivalent is desirable
- Previous site engineering experience is essential
- Good knowledge and experience on Structures and/or Drainage on major projects is ideal
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.