Senior Packaging Engineer
East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How you will contribute:
In this role, lead equipment development programs for global cross category team. This includes driving innovation and quality improvements programs by embedding digital and modeling capabilities. As a consumer yourself you will bring insights to programs to develop the best packaging format to meet consumer and customer needs. As part of your programs, it is important to build strong partnerships with RDQ, Enterprise Engineering, and Procurement to successful scope and develop the programs.
What you will bring:
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career by applying your experience and knowledge:
- 7 years minimum experience in equipment engineering and computational science.
- Experience with collecting and using data as an asset for development, including SPC and/or IL6S principles and FEA experience.
- Successful track record in project management and implementation of new ideas
- Demonstrated drive for results, with ability to think big picture, while planning and problem solving in a dynamic and outcome-oriented environment.
- Ability to lead and be a part of multi-functional and multi-cultural project teams
- Ability to leverage internal and external resources and working in a highly matrixed environment.
- An affinity for innovation and resiliency in the face of challenges
- This role is focused on the future and how we can use digital tools to design equipment/manufacturing systems that improve packaging quality and build better (innovative, cost effective) packaging bundles. The role is accountable to deliver:
- Develop equipment solutions for new packaging formats and materials based on category needs
- Contribute to the Innovation/Productivity pipeline for 2025+
- Bring forth identify opportunities to improve equipment design prior to large capital investments. Help drive the M&S and Digital Transformation agenda by applying digital tools to programs
- Upskill the organization in data science and modeling & simulation capabilities
Bachelor’s Degree Required
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Where permitted by applicable law, new hires are required to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment by their date of hire, unless they are granted a medical or religious accommodation. You may review the Mondelēz COVID vaccination policy by visiting the US careers website at https://www.mondelezinternational.com/United-States.
Packaging Development & Engineering
Science & Engineering