City HarlowCountry United Kingdom
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes
Function : Information Technology
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology.
The role is primarily responsible for the design, support, maintenance and overall operation of Raytheon’s network estate. The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to expert level in core network technologies and is responsible for providing expertise, technical leadership and input to the design and operation of Raytheon UK’s LAN/WAN infrastructure.
Summary of Role
- Performs daily checks, incident handling and service request handing in line with operating processes.
- Supports the design, installation, maintenance, administration, and support of Raytheon UK networks in a complex multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment.
- Performs all activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services. Including switching, routing, encryption, security, optimisation, VoIP, wireless and appropriate management tools.
- Undertakes all aspects of technical network configuration and device hardening across hardware, software, cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and voice communications networks.
- Completes preventative maintenance to maintain service operation in line with operating standards and service level agreements.
- Supports the implementation of new initiatives and future changes in service delivery
- Identifies utilisation patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations, investigates, recommends and installs enhancements and operating procedures that optimise network availability.
- Ensures timely notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability and the creation of maintenance tasks from incidents.
- Responsible for implementing changes and conforming to Operational processes (such as Incident, Problem and Change), procedures and standards
- Assists with the identification and recommendation of network improvements to ensure that the network is performant and can scale to support application, user and service needs.
- Monitor and optimise network performance and assure network security in a high availability environment.
- Provide on-call support.
- Working individually or in conjunction with third parties to ensure that all aspects of the operational service are supported effectively and efficiently through SLA, Maintenance of Support Contracts with external parties and Training and awareness for support functions
- Contribute to regular risk reviews offering clear mitigation plans, where appropriate, to minimise impact or potential degradation to business operations.
- Adheres to and contributes to the improvement of documentation, processes and procedures
- Assists in the implementation of projects and programmes, ensuring compliance with the necessary delivery and governance processes.
- Maintains network configuration and security integrity through CI management and documented procedures.
- Completes work in line with all relevant Health and Safety policies and guidelines.
3rd Line knowledge of network systems, including design, troubleshooting, infrastructure (hardware, software and telecommunications), maintenance and operations.
- Direct experience in building scalable and highly available distributed networks.
- Experience problem solving and troubleshooting complex, distributed network systems.
- Experience of routing and switching – CISCO IOS and NX-OS knowledge is required
- Knowledge of Cisco and Forcepoint firewall and IDS/IPS systems.
- Experience of configuring and troubleshooting VoIP, QoS, IPAM, VPN, IPSec, SSL, BGP & OSPF routing, load balancers, optimisation technologies and proxies in an enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with network monitoring and management tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practices.
- Ability to travel within UK to remote sites.
- Availability to provide On Call support out of normal working hours on a rota.
- Ability to learn complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.
- Ability to work with limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence technical experts in other technical competencies
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (Routing and Switching)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (Security)
- Forcepoint NGFW Administrator
- Forcepoint DLP
- Forcepoint WEB Security
- Forcepoint eMail Security
- Juniper Networks Certified Associate, Security (JNCIA-SEC)
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Citrix ADC Essentials
- Nexpose Administrator
- IBM Q Radar SIEM Foundations
- Solarwinds Administrator
- Prior experience of defence or highly regulated technical industry.
- Cisco CCNP, CCDA Certification
- Other professional certifications: (ISC)2 SSCP, CISSP, CEH, Brocade Fibre Channel switching, TOGAF
- Suitable business and/or technical leadership skills in technology consulting, managed and professional services in commercial or public sector organisations.
- Training and knowledge of Health and Safety risk assessments, method statements and safe working practices.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.