At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Mechanical Engineer at our Ashton House site.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll be working within a supportive team environment, where you will use your skills and enthusiasm to develop, integrate and test mission critical systems, at the cutting edge of their domain.
Day to day, you’ll be involved in:
- Checking for most mechanical engineering deliverables, i.e. technical documentation, 3D CAD and technical drawings, operating instructions, etc
- Concept setting out, including material selection, and scoping calculations.
- Defining test instructions along with reviewing and interpreting results.
- Performing and reporting root cause analysis and fault finding, along with detailing and proving solutions.
This role is full-time, 37-hours per week with flexible hybrid working where you will work onsite one day per week.
Essential experience of the Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Full lifecycle engineering experience / awareness
- Proficient with use of PLM and CAD packages (TeamCenter and NX experience would be advantageous)
- A flexible approach and ability to adapt quickly to change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Qualifications for the Senior Mechanical Engineer:
Mechanical Engineering Degree, or HND or HNC in Mechanical Engineering Discipline with demonstrable experience and capability of working in a Senior role.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day’s paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.