Your responsibilities will involve:
- Providing technical advice to Clients, stakeholders or management
- Lead on a variety of technical disciplines within the highways sector
- Implementing BIM for all relevant projects and providing key guidance and support
- Assigning and checking the work of technicians in relevant fields
- Mentoring early career professionals and other team members
- Ensuring technicians in the team have the right skills and competencies to deliver their work and have sufficient workload to sustain the team
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- HND/HNC in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Incorporated or Chartered member of a relevant professional institution (such as the Institution of Civil Engineer ICE or Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation CIHT)
- Experience in the design of (international/national) design & build projects
- An understanding of BIM processes in terms of a coordinated approach to model production, coordination and delivery processes
As an individual, you’re able to foster and maintain professional relationships and engender trust at all levels of an organisation and with clients, partners and other stakeholders as necessary. You enjoy working as part of team offering support in a knowledge sharing culture to offer solutions as part of solving problems. With your strong organisational skills, you’re able to manage inputs from various disciplines and deliver to schedules and targets in a timely manner. Additionally, with your background in consultancy or contractor environments, you’re commercially aware and are able to delegate effectively when required. Due to the nature of our work you are flexible to travel for project requirements as necessary.
Although not essential, any experience of aviation standards would be beneficial as would detailed knowledge of design tools such as MicroDrainage. Additionally, it would be advantageous if you have managed motorway and other highway related technology projects.
Our Highways design services team sit within our transportation business and are involved in evolving in the way that we deliver our projects using digital technologies. To support and embed this development, the team are looking to recruit a Senior Highways Modeller to join one of our Southampton, Croydon or Birmingham offices to support major highways schemes.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.