As a Senior Engineer you will work with the team to fulfill the needs of our Highways Design Services across a number of projects including the Delivery Integration Partner. You will guide the team and our clients through approval processes including the discharge of associated conditions. Utilising your communication skills, you will support and develop staff members through mentoring and guiding team members in their technical and continued professional development. Additionally, you’ll promote our health, safety and well-being policies and ensure these are adhered to within the team as well as ensuring design outputs meet our quality obligations and requirements set out in our Business Management System (BMS).
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Overseeing discrete design packages and multi-disciplinary design teams
- Handling task programme and budgets
- Demonstrating technical leadership and providing both expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders
- Assisting Project Managers on major schemes and Account Leaders with business development initiatives
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with a relevant professional institution such as ICE or CIHT (or equivalent) or suitable relevant experience
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise your workload effectively
- Capability to work autonomously as well as collaborating within a team environment
Although not essential, it would beneficial if you are degree qualified in Civil Engineering (or a related discipline). Ideally you have experience working on design & build projects and have worked with central government, local authorities, contractors as clients or passenger transport executives. If you have any knowledge or experience in NEC contracts and quality requirements as well as experience preparing and procuring contracts this would be advantageous. Additionally, if you have previously bid for local/central government opportunities and collaborated with clients and supply chain, this would be highly beneficial.
Our Highways Design Services is primarily based in the UK, delivering projects to clients such as Highways England and Transport Scotland. We specialise in design and construction, progressing schemes from option identification and appraisal through preliminary detail design to supervision of works on site. We also provide advice on procurement options and administer contracts from tender assessment through interim valuations to settlement of final accounts.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.