This mix of projects will give you the opportunity to develop in new ways, and you will be part of helping us achieve our growth and realise your potential, by driving forward our services to internal and external clients and helping to develop new business for the team. Work will include coordinating impact assessments and environmental studies, and playing a key role in delivering our carbon, climate and sustainability services in the region.
You will be part of a dynamic global environmental practice across Mott MacDonald, who work collaboratively to deliver high quality environmental outcomes and to ensure the development of its members. You will also be part of our Birmingham office community, an increasingly diverse work place that brings together professionals from across disciplines to develop client and people centred solutions to the problems we face, with a focus on integrity and honesty in everything we do.
If you are looking for variety, want to be part of an employee-owned, independent company that values its people, and that provides opportunities for social and career development then we would like to hear from you.
- Excellent communication and personal management skills
- Relevant academic/professional qualifications
- Chartered Environmentalist or similar, with full membership of a relevant professional organisation such as CIWEM, IET, IEMA (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation in the UK, such as Environmental Impact Assessment regulations
- Preference for a technical capability of at least one environmental discipline (eg: climate, carbon, sustainability, impact assessment)
- Successful track record in environmental co-ordination
- Experience of proposal writing, or other business development activities would be advantageous
- Flexible to working away from your home base
Our environment team provides a wide range of specialist environmental support to internal and external clients and has an increasing workload across infrastructure and development sectors. As part of our strategic growth strategy, we are seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Consultant to join our core team in our city centre Birmingham office.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence