Job no: 505507
Work type: Full Time – Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Body Engineering
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Design, release and approval of Exterior Trim components and systems to deliver required functionality to agreed cost, timing and quality targets.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Commodity Ownership:
- Knowledge of and delivery to meet the 5-year commodity strategy & get relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed Function budget, resource & timing.
- Manage commodity CAD BOM.
- Ensure components are designed and engineered robustly using standard engineering toolsets.
- Support pre-production builds, ensuring build concerns are contained and resolved in the required timeframe.
- Develop concepts in CAD, prior to supplier sourcing.
- Define requirements for owned and interfacing components.
- Create and maintain component specifications.
- Work with the cross-functional team to deliver components to the programme QCWFT (quality, cost, weight, function and timing) requirements.
- Ensure that the commodity meets the Feature plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required. Includes releasing components (BoM, tooling launch).
- Monitor internal & external resource utilisation to identify potential efficiency improvements for the next programme.
- Create & manage the commodity’s virtual & physical DV plan.
- Ensure effective report writing to evidence component and system compliance to specification.
- Ensure that all concerns and testing issues are robustly resolved.
- Complete FESO (Final Engineering Sign-off) documentation for commodities.
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven record of delivering Exterior Trim commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
- experience with Exterior Trim or similar commodities.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. specification, releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation.
- Experience working in a cross functional team, including complex issue resolution.
- Supplier management experience.
- knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion.
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create Exterior Trim components.