As a Barclays Senior Developer you will be responsible for a multi-year industry-wide strategic initiative where you will work closely with the senior leadership across Markets Pre/ Post Trade within Macro and Equities to design technical architectures. This a global team where you will have an opportunity to influence technology innovations to the senior stakeholders and sponsors.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to dynamic working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
• Providing inputs in the technical design/ architecture of a first-of-a-kind distributed ledger system (DLT)
• Proposing common architecture and/ or shared (“core”) micro services on client/ server technologies
• Working with global team members to delivery of revolutionary post-trade F2B architecture
• Reviewing business/ functional requirements and providing technical steer to business outcomes
• Biweekly Industry forum representation and Monthly SteerCo updates
• Senior Stakeholder management and Senior Leadership interactions along with program management/ reporting
• Drafting comprehensive test scripts and using cases in order to prove successful change
• Delivering the changes in sprints with high velocity using Agile methodologies
What we’re looking for:
• Solid full stack Java developer with MQ, SQL, XML, scripting and experience with middleware tech like MQ / Solace and submission / consumption workflows
• Proven experience in Interest Rates Derivatives (“Rates”) or other Asset Classes like Credits or Equities and prior experience with Pre-Trade / Post-Trade capture, workflow, processing
• Solid experience working with trade capture platforms and external trading venues / ECNs
• Experience working with external avenues like affirmation platforms (MarkitWire) and Clearing Houses (LCH, CME, etc.)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Preferred familiarity with new industry proposal / models like ISDAs Common Domain Model (CDM)
• Preferably acquainted with Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
• Prior working with Clearing Houses like LCH and / or other industry wide initiatives preferred
• Prior experience of working with affirmation platforms like MarkitWire preferred
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.