You will support and mentor junior members of the team and will develop links with local universities and the professional network within the West Midlands. If you don’t match all the criteria, we are always happy to hear from professional engineers with transferable skills and a commitment to learning.
Key Responsibilities for the role include:
- Development and management of contractor and client relationships
- Principal Bridge Inspections and reporting
- Innovative concept bridge design
- Detailed bridge design and assessment
- Construction sequences and phasing
- Mentoring and educating our high performing graduates, technicians and apprentices
- Develop links with local universities and West Midlands professional network
- Experience of working as a CRE and/or CEM on Network Rail projects
- MEng in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Civil Engineer
- Extensive rail experience in a design environment
- Member of a professional institution (ICE or IStructE)
- Successful delivery of projects to Design & Build Contractors
- Experienced user of MIDAS Engineering Software
- Experience using AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Experience of BIM – Rivet and/or AECOsim
The Birmingham office has over 300 staff based in the centre of Birmingham, just a few minutes’ walk from the main stations. We have a multi-disciplinary team capable of servicing the local transport sector. As Heritage Award winners for the Waterstones restoration project we are known for local regeneration as well as for working on national and international projects.
Our people have diverse skills and really make a difference.
Locally and nationally we are currently working on the Midland Metro, the procurement and design of new schools, developing new rail infrastructure, flood prevention and protecting endangered species.
Our office is dynamic and vibrant, our active sports and social club is supported by the business and we take a keen interest in CSR with staff taking part in activities to support schools, both local and national charities.
We are seeking a high calibre, chartered civil engineer to join our existing rail and bridges team to drive forward our design and analysis capability working with and developing our graduates, technicians and apprentices.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.