The Senior Bid (Proposal) Writer will work as part of a strategic sales team (the Pursuit Centre of Excellence) to develop compelling and differentiated sales material for our largest and most important sales opportunities. The Senior Bid Writer will be responsible for all editorial and narrative aspects of the bid. The role focuses on writing compelling proposals with an original, persuasive voice, synthesizing and articulating strategic messaging, and editing proposal content from multiple technical writers.
Additional responsibilities include document management, version control, and final production.
- Create original content and synthesize tactical messaging in a concise and clear manner.
- Write or co-write executive summaries to capture and articulate strategic messaging established in the overall pursuit strategy. Tone must be compelling, persuasive, and professional.
- Translate identified key messages into language that differentiates our position and addresses the specific client need(s).
- Capture, shape and synthesize information to reflect a cohesive message, written in one voice.
- Help translate technical information so it is clear to multiple audiences, yet maintains technical accuracy.
- Effectively structure complex proposals and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with the assigned PCoE Team (Pursuit Coach, Pursuit Lead, and Creative Designer), client service pursuit leadership and firm leadership to address all aspects of proposal writing and development.
- Develop, organize and manage content for proposal documents and related collateral. Manage contribution process, maintain version control and take ownership of all components including the executive summary, graphics, bios and qualifications.
- Exhibit outstanding verbal skills in facilitating and distilling complex discussions with leadership and executives.
- Demonstrate a finely tuned ability to sift through a discussion and extract the most significant information and action items.
- Engage strategically by posing questions that encourage consideration of all aspects of the client’s position, and draw out essential messaging.
- Elevate risks and issues to the Pursuit Lead quickly and efficiently.
- Work with the PCoE Creative Designer to develop creative and informative graphics.
- Provide overall quality control for all pursuit materials; apply brand and legal compliance standards to proposals and presentations
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London/Cardiff/Birmingham (UK)
Suggested work pattern: Full-time
Your professional experience
- A wealth of experience in bid/proposal writing for a professional services organization (consulting, legal, architecture/construction, etc)
- Experience with narrative storytelling a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp specialist knowledge and make it clear for external parties
- Strong executive presence
- Agility and speed in executing strong writing
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to “get smart quick” on a wide variety of topics
- Experience and foresight to anticipate potential issues and devise contingency plans
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging, and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work within a provided strategic direction
- Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Superior Microsoft Office skills required
- Negotiation and presentation skills are a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications, English/humanities, Marketing, Management, or a related discipline or equivalent
Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients’ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your “Immediate Family Members” are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.