We’re a national law firm with a local reach. Our philosophy is ‘Expert Hand, Human Touch’ – something you’ll find in the way we work with our clients and how we support our teams. But we’re more than just a law firm – we’re a team of people working together to help individuals and businesses navigate life’s ups and downs. Working here you’ll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment.
We’ll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
We’re always looking to support our colleagues in working in a way that best works for them. Please speak to one of our Talent Acquisition Team to find out more information about our flexible working arrangements.
To work collaboratively as part of a team to provide comprehensive administrative support to the fee earning team thereby assisting in the delivery of a quality service to our clients.
You will be
- The operational gatekeeper for the inception and management of new claims into the team, in addition to day to day dealing with existing claims. Liaising with fee earners, insurers and internal departments as appropriate.
- Checking all systems are correct and compliant before passing file/claim papers to the relevant fee earner
- Responsible for completing professional checks (conflicts, money laundering) for all new claims and providing updates on respective files where appropriate.
- Responsible for populating and submitting insurer audit report/s on a monthly basis, gathering data from team generated spread sheets
- Dealing with Accounts queries, obtaining billing guides when requested facilitating regular client billing disciplines by the fee-earners
- Working closely with other team members and provide support where appropriate. This may require from time to time assisting in preparation of Court bundles and booking appointments
- Producing correspondence and documentation within the parameters of the department’s house style ensuring consistency and accuracy in presentation
- Day to day dealings with new and existing claims. This will require completing professional checks on new files and also providing updates on existing files
- Administrative experience (legal administrative experience desirable)
- Able to use own initiative
- Good verbal and written communication
- Time management and organisation
- Professional presentation
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Knowledge of legal procedures desirable
- Flexible working options – Make work fit around your life, not the other way around.
- 25 days holidays as standard plus bank holidays – You can ‘buy’ up to 35hrs of extra holiday too
- Generous and flexible pension schemes.
- Volunteering days – Two days of volunteering every year for a cause of your choice (fully paid)
- Westfield Health membership, offering refunds on medical services alongside our Aviva Digital GP services.
We also offer a wide range of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace and to make sure you’re fully supported to work in a way that best suits you. This includes our Flexible by Choice programme which gives our colleagues more choice over how they wish to work subject to role and client requirements.
We have recently been ranked in the Best Workplaces for Wellbeing for Large Organisations for 2023!
Our responsible business programmes are fundamental to who we are and our purpose. We’re committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish, and we have established a number of inclusion network groups across our business to support this aim.
Our commitment to Social Responsibility, community investment activity and tackling climate change is a fundamental part of who we are. It’s made up of four strands: Our People, Our Community, Our Environment and Our Pro Bono.
As part of the Irwin Mitchell Group’s on-boarding process all successful applicants are required to complete the group’s employment screening process. This process helps to ensure that all new employees meet our standards in relation to honesty and integrity therefore protecting the interests of the Group, existing employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Depending on the role you apply for we may carry out checks that will establish your eligibility to work in the UK, and criminal record check and financial checks with a credit reference agency will also be undertaken.
The employment screening process will fully comply with Data Protection and other applicable laws.
Irwin Mitchell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.