Registered Care & Support Manager
Responsible to: Locality Manager
Direct Reports: Deputy Manager, Senior Personal Assistants,
Personal Assistants, Apprentices
Purpose of Post
As the CQC Registered manager lead the day to day management of the service. The purpose of the post is defined as follows:
Quality and performance
- To lead the team as an exemplar of best practice, providing quality care and support services.
- To be accountable and responsible for key performance indicators relating to the quality, compliance and viability of services in the locality.
- To develop a culture of strong customer focus that demonstrates a personalised approach to individual`s needs and aspirations.
- To deliver strong financial performance for the service that enables Accord to deliver commercial and social objectives. To utilise tools to manage the financial spend and occupancy effectively.
- Ensure that through line management accountability, any risk to Accord within the service area is identified to the Director and Executive Director. Lead in the formulation of an action plan to address the risks, to prevent the organisations potential expose to financial or reputational loss.
- To seek solutions to remodel and re-design services in order to ensure that services are able to effectively respond to changing customer needs, commissioning intentions and the financial and contracting landscape.
- To participate in areas of the change programme within the locality reporting progress as required to the Change Programme Group. To work as part of a project team resource as and when required within the locality.
- To participate in change groups that are supporting change in the wider department or other localities.
Promote equality of opportunities for customers, staff and all stakeholders accessing services.
- To develop and sustain excellent customer relationships to maximise new business opportunities and engagement.
- Maintain awareness of current issues in housing, health, social care services for the needs of vulnerable people to ensure you are able to effectively contribute to the business planning for the Locality.
- Develop strong strategic relationships with policy and decision makers and other senior managers in commissioning bodies within your locality area. Ensure that the Accord Care and Support offer is clearly defined and articulated.
- Identify and promote best practice models and their application in locality to the Head of Research. Ensure that the services delivered have an evidence base and clear outcomes and seeks ways to demonstrate this. Contribute to the intelligence gathered through the Sharepoint good practice site.
- Work with the Locality Manager on the locality strategy to promote the work of services to the department`s communications platform.
- Ensure there is an appraisal and development plan for direct reports and other staff within the service to ensure staff development needs are identified in L&D planning and that performance issues are addressed appropriately.
- Ensure that people policies are consistently applied and advice and support gained from HR over employee relation matters to ensure staff are managed correctly and in accordance to employment legislation.
- Develop resilience plans for the service. Including succession and capacity planning for leadership roles.
- To be based in an office within the locality area, but will be required to travel across the whole locality area and across the wider regional geography covered by Accord.
- Occasional attendance at events outside of the region will be required.
- Full Driving License (or ability to travel)and enhanced CRB disclosure required.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Click the apply now button or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – We will be in touch with you!
If you need any additional information please get in touch with the Recruitment team directly on 0300 111 7006.
Accord are a values-led social business motivated by adding social and economic value to the communities where we work. We specialise in involving customers and communities in shaping the homes and services that we provide. Our colleagues are award-winning, highly professional and strive to deliver excellence on the front-line and through the corporate support teams.
Our mission is to be strong and diverse and to make the most of our strengths to deliver positive outcomes, improving life chances for our customers and the wider communities which we serve