- Ensure the initial and ongoing development of a Roadside Operations strategy that supports RAC’s long-term strategy and 3-year plan
- Lead the continuous improvement of our Roadside Operation service to ensure ongoing delivery of exceptional service through application of appropriate quality management techniques and innovation
- Deliver and measure step change benefits from development of the strategic initiatives embedded in the 3-year plan.
- Work closely with the Technical team to identify new ways of working to drive operational efficiencies and increase repairs
- Manage the implementation and embedding of strategic and operational Roadside priorities
- Lead on the delivery of Roadside KPI’s and targets for Operations and report progress to the Group Operations Director
- Oversee changes to ways of working across Roadside Operations and act as the functional sponsor
- Oversee the development and implementation of processes that allow Roadside Operations to proactively manage it’s operations
- Lead team to develop operational frameworks, and provide coaching to senior line managers, to allow them to carry out their management responsibilities in a professional manner
- Motivate, lead and coach a team, Service Delivery Managers, Patrol Team Managers and Service Patrols to deliver the highest levels of customer service and efficiency.
- Work closely with the Union to inform and engage them on operational changes concerning Roadside operations
- Develop senior external networks in order to keep abreast with changes and developments across Roadside