Job Title – Quality Control Technician
Salary – £9.18 per hour **** plus Veolia benefits *listed below
Location – Veolia, Coldharbour Lane, Rainham, Essex RM13 9YB
Hours – Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday on shift rotation:
Shift 1- (7:00am-15:00pm)
Shift 2- (15:00pm-11:00pm)
Shift 3- (11:00pm-7:00am)
Overtime is available.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Quality Control Technician to join our busy team in Rainham where you will control and maintain the quality of the recycling materials by performing sorting tasks. This position also involves manual labour duties, housekeeping and maintenance of basic plant equipment. Other duties will include:
- Collecting samples from a conveyor belt or tipping hall.
- Analysing the samples following a specific methodology, record and communicate the results.
- Liaising with the shovel driver and team leader on site, and report to the supervisor
- Undertaking picking and quality duties as and when required.
- Assisting with general equipment and site cleaning when required.
- Completing all relevant daily inspections and associated paperwork to the required standard.
- Ensuring that, whilst on duty, any defects or faults are reported to the team leader or supervisor.
- Undertaking all tasks in accordance with the companies Quality and Environmental Management System and Health and Safety Regulations.
The experience you will need
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
Benefits you will receive within this role are
- Peoples Pension
- Access to shopping/travel discounts with My Choices
- Cycle to work scheme *national minimum wage dependent
- Access to health benefits such as: Back in action & Simply Health cash plan
- Employee Assistance Program – offers a variety of confidential services to help identify and address problems that impact the workplace
Where you’ll work
You will be working at our Material Recovery Facility (MRF) based in Rainham, Essex where we recycle waste such as plastics, cans and glass material that arrive to the facility. It is then sorted into different streams by the equipment. You will be leading a team of 8 to 10 people and will report to the supervisor on shift.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission is to ‘Resource the World’. Improving communities and protecting the environment are right at the heart of our business.
It takes more than just words and ambition to achieve this, it takes the daily efforts of thousands of people across the UK to bring it to life. Together our employees make our communities better. They are the resourcers, behind the resources.
Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.