Job Role: Public Sector Sales Lead
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
Career Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
People in the Sales career track grow pipeline and sales by supporting, managing or leading the origination and/or closing of sales opportunities in a specific area or across a range of Accenture offerings. They progress by deepening sales skills and/or developing new related skills, growing into more complex sales roles, laterally, upward, or in their current role.
Our business within the construction, infrastructure and transport industry is expanding and we need the support of an ambitious, entrepreneurial, and conversion-oriented sales lead to support us in this area. We are focussed on bringing the breadth and depth of Accenture’s digital and technology, consulting, strategy and operational capabilities, in order to deliver new efficiency, experience and environmental outcomes to this sector. Our growing client base is a mixture of public and private sector organisations that operate within this rapidly growing and evolving industry. The sales leadership and support we require relates to further sales origination and conversion of transformative opportunities, with the intent to develop long lasting and trusted relationships built around delivery of some of the UK’s most significant infrastructure assets.
The Sales Team leads the sale of large and complex opportunities at Accenture in the UK and Ireland across a variety of different industries. It is a dynamic team made up of Sales Captures and Bid Managers who work with most of the major clients across many market sectors, as well as working with new players in the industry. You will work as a part of our UK Sales Team, with a specific focus on construction, infrastructure, and transport. This is an exciting and vibrant team who bring to bear the best of sales at Accenture within a team environment that positively encourages growth and promotion.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Originate, shape and transact large, complex sales opportunities (or a portfolio of opportunities) within the construction, infrastructure and transport (road and rail) sector — aligning Accenture’s value proposition to clients strategic ambitions
- Develop relationships with key buyers and decision-makers at new and/or existing clients
- Work with Accenture’s ecosystem and partner organisations to originate and transact innovative opportunities within the construction and transport sector
- Effectively engage with senior clients, to maintain their continued support of the Accenture (and partner) propositions.
- Influence client’s selection process and evaluation criteria
- Commercial shaping of multi-discipline transactions
- Facilitate the negotiations and closing activities
- Manage the opportunity from sales pursuit to close
- Manage sales pipeline and reporting
- Establish qualification and win strategy and power map
- Coordinate internal approvals and sales team resources; manage solution/proposition develop client interactions and relevant client demonstrations, etc.
- Ensure a competitive advantage is created and maintained
- May supervise or manage other Sales Captures or Bid Managers
- Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area(s) of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Requires involvement in setting strategic direction to establish near-term goals for area(s) of responsibility (depending on level of experience)
- Interaction is with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, involving negotiating or influencing on significant matters (depending on level of experience)
- Power to influence or complete assignments independently and ability to make decisions, as indicated by latitude to devise work products or plans, reliance on instruction and decision-making ability (depending on level of experience)
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Originating sales and relationships with senior clients, both at established and emerging clients
- Demonstrate an ability for independent thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven experience creating, and converting complex, strategic sales opportunities
- Articulation of business case and business acquisition led thinking, demonstrating the ability to identify sound business growth opportunities
- Strong business and commercial acumen to drive ideation and deal shaping
- Experience of relevant digital and/or business led sales opportunities combined with technology or operations
- Experienced of operating as a credible trusted partner with clients, in turn influencing the client’s selection process and evaluation criteria
- Orchestrating multi-party opportunities across technology or business partnerships/ecosystem
- Leading negotiations and contracting.
- Leading cross functional and diverse teams to success
- May supervise or manage other Sales Captures or other sales team members (depending on level of experience)
- Experience in the construction and transport industry would be highly desirable, but not essential for a candidate who can demonstrate the appropriate mindset and sales capture capabilities from other industries.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Degree educated or equivalent
What’s in it for you
All of our Sales professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom/virtual, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
You’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31 August 2022