Product & Technology Director
Line of business: Xoomworks Technology, part of Accenture
Title: Product & Technology Director
Reporting to: Managing Director, Xoomworks Technology
Peers: XT Leadership team
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
Accenture is recognised for their inclusive working environment through the following awards:
- Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for
- Top employer for Women
- Strong programme for diversifying the workforce
- Flexible Maternity package / Shared parental leave
- Flexible working hours
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
This is a key role in the leadership team of Xoomworks Technology, a digital product unit within Accenture. The role will involve a great deal of client, partner and internal team interaction working alongside the Managing Director and Directors of Delivery & Services, and Business Development.
The Product & Technology Director has full responsibility and accountability for developing the Product & Tech organisation within Xoomworks and representing it externally to clients, the wider Accenture network and the market as a whole.
- Upholding and promoting Xoomworks’ core values, internally and externally;
- Ensuring technical practice is aligned with Accenture’s engagement models and methodologies, e.g. FORM and other value-added ways of working;
- Evangelize and support Xoomworks’ OneTeam approach in building and supporting high performing cross functional teams;
- Evangelize tech and product, both:
- externally – positioning and promoting Xoomworks Technology as a credible digital product delivery partner;
- internally –
- promoting Xoomworks Technology’s strengths and building recognition for product delivery capabilities within Accenture;
- ensuring the development of the tech capabilities across the organization;
- ensuring tech practices are being set-up and developed across all XT locations, in line with relevant technologies and concepts;
- Vertical Development – in close collaboration with the Sales, Account Management and Delivery & Services leads;
- Identifying new value propositions with high focus on Product and Innovation;
- Champion innovation as a driver of growth and creator of competitive advantage;
- Advocating for Product Management as a value creator, both for clients and internally;
- Shared accountability within the XT Leadership team of the day-to-day operations of XT across all functions;
- Set up OKRs and reporting framework to reflect and monitor the change and progress across the tech and product organization, in line with the wider objectives of Accenture units that XT is part of;
- Accountable for achieving the set OKRs across the whole Product & Tech Organisation within XT;
- Support career path development for people in tech and product roles;
- Attract new tech talent and support the process of recruiting new tech talent by preparing, training and coaching tech interviewers/assessors;
- Consolidate, evolve and drive investment in Xoomworks Technology’s core value proposition around UX and Product Management. Support and guide Xoomworks’ Product Academy to cultivate early-career talent.
- Share and demonstrate the Xoomworks vision and values;
- Focus on the big picture and results of the tech organization but give hands on support for teams, as well, when required;
- Engage with key clients at various levels to ensure:
- Product engagements are led and governed appropriately;
- Client business drivers and needs are well understood;
- Opportunities for further account development are captured;
- Relationships are built and maintained throughout the delivery journey;
- Representing Xoomworks, part of Accenture at conferences and events;
- Highlighting tech product opportunities within clients’ organizations;
- Support the sales process personally and get involved in sales consultation;
- Participate in HR processes as required (e.g. performance management, appraisals);
- Contribute to annual budget creation;
- Monthly reporting of key measures and identification of areas for improvement;
What’s in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes up to 30 days’ vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com/
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
COVID-19 update: The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.