VoCoVo Company Overview
Every day, 50,000 people in 5,000 locations are doing business using VoCoVo technology. Our devices connect and deliver technology to deskless and remote workers.
VoCoVo is a leading voice & technology challenger brand. Many of Britain’s biggest household names rely on our voice communication technology to connect their workforces like Tesco, Co-Op and Primark. We work with big names, but we operate a lean team. 50 of our 80 employees work in Research and Development, leading the way in developing voice-activated software products for business.
We’re now ranked 5th in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100. We know we can better that.
Our year-on-year growth has been exponential, up 2,500% in the last 4 years and it’s still accelerating. We can better that too. In 2021 our ambition is to expand further into the European and North American marketplaces.
We’re ambitious and we like a challenge.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Lead who has the ability to develop effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate the features and benefits of VoCoVo to new and existing customers.
The role will suit an experienced professional seeking an opportunity where they can achieve a personal best, as well as a company best. We back those who challenge us and in return we take care of their welfare and wellbeing.
We offer challenge, autonomy, personal growth and success.
We require commitment, high performance, integrity and personal responsibility.
Purpose of the role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Product and Sales teams, you will be responsible for VoCoVo’s software and hardware proposition across new and existing channels, together with collating research to help shape the product into our future.
You will have a ‘pioneer’ mindset, pushing the boundaries of the existing marketplace, spotting trends before we know they’re trends, predicting where the market will be in 2 years’ time. Working alongside key customers to uncover what products they want – and balancing that against whether they really need it. Finding the breaking ‘stories’ in the marketplace and briefing those stories into the development teams to start the product development process.
You’ll possess a natural ability to get on with people – coupled with steely business acumen.
This is a hands-on role in a fast-paced startup environment and you will have the opportunity to make a massive difference!
Accountabilities of this role
- Carry out customer research to build a deep understanding of our customers, their motivations, and their requirements, and translate this into clear customer personas
- Work with our Product teams to develop our market and competitor insight, and feed this into product plans
- Work with the broader Marketing team to develop VoCoVo’s positioning, and bring this to life in our marketing collateral
- Create sales enablement materials to help our global Sales team better understand our customers
- Produce e-learning materials and documentation for internal and external training
What does success look like?
- Increased take up of VoCoVo product suite from existing customers
- Marketing synergy with the Product team road map and Sales team target brands
- Relevant industry press for new product launches
- New retail brands pro-actively coming to us to see the latest innovation
Skills and qualifications required
- Experience taking a technology product to market
- Market and customer research experience, with experience of how to translate market research into actionable insights
- Experience creating buyer personas and seeing these successfully used within a Sales and Marketing team
- The ability to translate technical features into accessible messaging for customers
- Thorough understanding and first-hand experience of agile work practices and processes
- Friendly and approachable
- A creative problem solver. Not just what…but what if?
- A clear confident communicator with proven organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- An individual who can turn negative feedback into positive possibilities for future growth.
- Proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
What we can offer you
Personal career opportunities as we scale
A dynamic team culture with an employee-wide bonus scheme linked to annual results
An autonomous role where you are master of your own destiny.
- Home based, within 50 miles of the Head Office in Shipton under Wychwood
- £40,000 – £45,000 per annum
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 Days holiday + bank holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance & Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on-site company parking
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity package
- Training & development