Are you a procurement manager with MEP experience working in the construction industry?
Would you like to be part of the team delivering some of the most impressive projects in the UK?
Then our in-house MEP Engineering business, Crown House Technologies, is the company for you. We are looking for an experienced procurement manager to join the team working from either of our head offices in Manchester or Dartford.
If you join us, you’ll be a valued member of an industry leading team and business that can offer you an exciting and varied career with access to some truly great projects. We are committed to extensive training, development, and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for someone who is seeking long-term career progression.
Under the leadership of a senior member of the procurement team lead/support a project / business unit best in class procurement service, engaging with the supply chain on a vertical basis to deliver an enhanced level of value to each project / business unit and a tangible contribution to the Laing O’Rourke business in its pursuit to exceed the expectations of its clients and stakeholders.
Key Deliverables & Accountabilities:
- Implement procurement plans as directed by the pillar procurement leader / senior procurement lead
- Provision and implementation of Project Procurement/Supply Chain/ Category specific / strategic trades.
- To provide market intelligence / cost advice / supply chain performance management and feedback to Central Procurement and Work Winning.
- To support a team[s] of Procurement professionals, including training & development; staff appraisals; retention & reward; and recruitment to provide an effective Procurement service for the Business.
- To be responsible and accountable for the Procurement process of subcontractors, materials, plant and services, in accordance with the Project Procurement Strategy and LOR Values.
- To monitor markets and where appropriate, provide alternative procurement strategies to maximise opportunities or minimise risk.
- To champion innovation and to put forward new and/or alternative methods, materials, products and systems that will increase competitive advantage and cost effective solutions.
- Develop knowledge of the requirements of the market required to support bids, live projects and business unit needs within your role.
- Develop professional, robust and effective working relationships with suppliers, sub-contractors and service providers, who are committed and aligned to LOR’s values and will provide best value to LOR and support LOR as a Contractor of first choice.
- Legal & contracting
- Supply base management
- Risk & opportunity management
- Project Procurement Strategy
- Procurement Practice
- Supply chain planning & logistics
- Product knowledge
- Experience of working within the construction and MEP industry and demonstrated knowledge of the interfaces and relationships that exist.
- Has experience of providing support to work winning.
- Delivering procurement strategies.
- Can demonstrate product/sector knowledge.
- Has delivered demonstrable added value through their procurement activity.
The nature of this role will require the Procurement Professional to attend project/business locations which will include the flexibility to meet project and business requirements.
Crown House Technologies (Cht) is one of the UK’s most advanced, and innovative, engineering and business services specialists. Part of the Laing O’Rourke Group, and founded on more than 200 years of experience, we are a leading construction and infrastructure technology services provider, supplying a complete Building Services package with communications, ICT, intelligent building, monitoring, BMS and the UK’s largest mechanical, electrical & public health manufacturing facility – a 129,000 sq. ft factory – offering Off-site manufacturing and assembly for our digitally engineered modular MEICA packages.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email email@example.com