Our Growth. Your Future.
At DLA Piper, innovation and challenging the status quo are the vital spark to how we think and what we do. Together, we create exceptional experiences, outcomes and growth for our clients and people.
We make this happen with a culture where you bring your passion and individuality to work every day. We want you to reach your full potential as part of a diverse, global team that thrives on collaboration, and seizing opportunities and commercial edge.
Due to continued investment and growth, we are currently seeking a Process Automation Specialist to join our Service, Delivery team. This is an exciting new role that will be supporting the roll-out of Robotic Process Automation throughout our International group over the next 12-18 months.
The Process Automation Specialist will join as a graduate/entry level RPA developer who will work on multiple projects within the automation space and programme bots for back office and front office tasks. The ideal candidate is hardworking, innovative, and a creative problem solver who wants to help the organisation embed automation.
This is an exciting and hands-on opportunity to join one of the world’s leading international law firms to deliver and drive greater client value at the right pricing point. You will have an opportunity to grow your career as part of DLA Piper’s change management program.
In return, DLA Piper International offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package along with a comprehensive training program in both automation and change management.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and code automation solutions and assist in the implementation of scripts ensuring robust UAT cycles and release protocols are executed
- Identify and manage re-usable automation objects
- Problem solve issues that arise in day to day running of process automations
- Perform results evaluation and identify process improvements
- Quickly learn and get competent with leading Robotic Process Automation software (training provided) and commit to on-going development
- Partner with our external provider to gain other skills and experience related to intelligent automation
- Participate in workshops with legal and non-legal teams in order to gather requirements or map processes, with the driving objective of delivering automations that match those requirements or exceed them
- Operate to tight deadlines and prioritise a large pipeline of work
- Work as directed alongside the Process Improvement Lead who is a trained automator
- Learn basic process improvement methods to yellow-belt or green-belt level
- 2:1 or higher degree, ideally in Computer Science, Math or Physics
- Coding experience in VBA, C#, VB.Net, JAVA, C++, SQL, Python or equivalent preferred
- A portfolio of work would be desireable
- Experience with Automation Anywhere would also be desireable
- Excellent problem-solving skills with experience in proposing different options and solutions for tackling and resolving issues
- Adaptability and positive attitude towards business change
- Great communication skills, adapting style accordingly to demonstrate an understanding of the audience’s perspective. Also, using discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Able to work to tight deadlines and flexible to changes in requirements
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal business stakeholders
- Attention to detail and able to differentiate what is important to delivering a project
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive – we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative – we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold – we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional – we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper, diversity and inclusion underpins how we live our values and everything we do. We believe that everyone has a voice, and that everyone’s voice counts. We know that the rich diversity across our firm makes us stronger, more innovative and creative, which helps us to better serve our clients and communities. We are committed to providing an inclusive working environment and culture across our global firm, where everyone can bring their authentic self to work.
Diversity of perspective, thought, background and culture combine to make us the leading global law firm; that’s why we actively seek to build balanced teams. We welcome the unique contribution that you will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.
We support anyone with a disability or long term health condition to ensure they have the opportunity to perform at their best. If you have not done so already, please let us know if you require any support so we can make the right adjustments and considerations should they be required.
We know that people have responsibilities and interests outside of their career and that as a business, we all benefit from working flexibly. That’s why we are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support requests for agile working arrangements.
In the event that we make an offer to you, and where local legislation permits, we will conduct pre-engagement screening checks that may include but are not limited to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.
: United Kingdom-Leeds
: United Kingdom-London, United Kingdom-Manchester
: Process Improvement