Based in our Altrincham or Birmingham office, you will be responsible for the provision of professional telecom engineering input throughout the complete project lifecycle (GRIP 1-8), with a particular emphasis on GRIP 4 and 5 design associated with station upgrade schemes and general operational comms.
Responsibilities may include, on a project by project basis, the provision of telecoms engineering input into: feasibility studies/option analysis/appraisal; scheme development; detailed design production.
You will be an experienced professional railway telecom engineer and provide telecoms engineering input into our project portfolio, consisting of detailed design, scheme design and engineering consultancy services. You will also be responsible for contributing to the delivery of telecoms design packages and provide specialist technical support and assistance to rail infrastructure projects, both in the UK and overseas.
In this role you will be accountable for the effective delivery of tasks assigned, in particular:
- Delivery of engineering (design and consultancy) specific tasks;
- Contribution to the engineering input to multi-disciplinary railway engineering (design and consultancy) projects;
- Checking and approval of designs;
- Observation of company quality, health & safety, environmental, commercial and project management disciplines and procedures, as relevant to tasks undertaken.
You will be required to work as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) and will be responsible for development of others through on the job mentoring.
- Graduated in a relevant engineering discipline and have relevant and strong experience of telecoms design in a railway environment.Chartered Engineer (CEng IET) would be desirable.
- Industry related experience
- It is essential that
you have the ability to plan and produce compliant Operational and SISS telecoms schemes with minimum supervision.
- You need a knowledge of telecoms principles, circuits, components and the implications of working with other disciplines is also required.
- We are looking for a good team worker and decision maker.