We are recruiting a Press Tool Toolroom Supervisor will be responsible for directing and co-ordinating activities across the press shop area. This includes responsibility for planned maintenance, repair processes and the provision of spare parts.
The role requires that efficiencies are maximised and downtime minimised in providing toolroom support for the repair of press tools to achieve company and departmental goals in a high volume environment
As Toolroom Supervisor, your responsibilities will include;
• Maintain spares records to facilitate replenishment and cost control and actively pursues cost reduction opportunities to meet annual plant budget requirements.
• Organise and improve the preventative maintenance programme.
• Ensures that all existing and new equipment and processes are operated in compliance with all current Quality Control, Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation.
• Ensure 100% compliance to all documentation in accordance with quality documentation.
• Comply with Good Manufacturing Procedures, safe working practices and the requirement for high standards of housekeeping in the toolroom and in any other areas where toolroom work is undertaken.
• Ensures that the toolroom team is adequately trained in necessary processing and toolroom disciplines.
• As leader of the toolroom team, plan and implement all activities to economically utilise time and in-house facilities to produce and repair tool parts.
• Give engineering support for production.
The successful candidate will have completed an apprenticeship or equivalent experience. You will be a strong communicator and use your leadership skills to manage a team to perform effectively.
You will identify skills gaps and opportunities for growth within your team.
You will be flexible in your attitude to work and be able to assist various teams for projects and problem-solving activities.
You will be driven to continuously improve in all areas including safety, cost, quality, processes and people.