UK, West Midlands, Leamington Spa
About the role
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure sub-lot compliance with the LOLER & PUWER regulations. Ensure all BBV-owned assets are maintained to manufacturers recommendations
- Control a strict PPM regime and ensure detailed records are kept
- Communicate effectively with OEMs on technical matters
- Advise and police the spare parts stock holding suitable for 24h operations
Who we’re looking for
Skills & Experience:
- Have experience of plant supervisory or management in similar roles, especially on tunnel projects
- Ensure all statutory inspections and testing of lifting plant and equipment are carried out at the correct time and in an organised and professional manner
- City & Guilds or NVQs parts 1, 2 and 3 in plant or heavy vehicle maintenance
- CPCS Construction Equipment Manager skills card
- Have general plant and equipment inspection and operational experience
- Have crane inspection and operational experience
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.