Plant Manager – Reporting to the Cell Manager
• You will control the production for a specific group of chemical manufacturing plants.
• You will ensure production and quality targets are met in a safe manner and take actions to ensure that the processes operate to budget.
• Providing production advice, you will be actively involved in maintaining plant operating efficiency, safety and environmental standards.
• You will also be responsible for effective staff allocation, training and discipline.
1. A degree in Chemistry or Engineering, with some experience of line management in fine or pharmaceutical or polymer chemical manufacture.
2. You will need excellent planning, communication and people skills.
3. An understanding of essential engineering requirements of a chemical plant is desirable, along with knowledge of quality and environmental management systems, manufacturing equipment control systems and COSHH in a chemical manufacturing environment.
4. You will have a practical approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail, with the ability to work under pressure. IT literacy and commercial awareness are desirable skills.
Salary circa £30k dependent on experience.
This role will work a 4 on, 4 off pattern. Working 10 hour shifts on days only 08:00 – 18:00 hours, with 200 hours annual leave entitlement. Public holidays for this role are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, all other public holidays are incorporated in the shift pattern.