People and Organisational Development (POD) Consultant – People and Organisational Development – 80014 – Grade 8 – (2200000Q)
People and Organisational Development
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £42,149 to £50,296, with potential progression once in post to £56,587
Full Time – Permanent
Closing date: 30 January 2022
The main purpose of the role is to support the development of the skills and capabilities of the University’s workforce, and act as an enabler to the successful delivery of the University’s strategy. The POD consultant supports the Assistant Director of HR – POD and works closely with the Senior POD consultant, College Heads of HR / Head of HR for Professional Services and senior stakeholders (M3 level) to find solutions to issues involving organisational wide, team and individual development. Working in partnership with leaders and managers across the University to improve the University’s overall effectiveness. The POD consultant will provide advice on specialist POD / Learning & Development issues, and help to design and implement various interventions related to staff development.
• Be a trusted advisor to senior colleagues on all aspects of University wide, team (College, School, Institute, professional service functions) and individual POD challenges / opportunities.
The POD consultant will have the following combined experience and personal qualities:
• A degree or equivalent
Skills and Experience
• Experienced designing and delivering Organisational Development / learning and development related interventions.
• A demonstrable passion for both higher education and people development.
• A high degree of initiative, personal judgement, resourcefulness, resilience, mental toughness, flexibility and a self-motivating approach.
• The ability to balance the demands of longer term strategic planning with more immediate operational delivery needs.
• The ability to be highly self-motivated and progress activities with minimal supervision, based on high level direction from POD leadership.
• Enthusiasm and willingness to meet challenging and competing demands.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including political astuteness, tact and diplomacy.
Strategic Thinking and Perspective
• Demonstrates understanding of the factors in higher education impacting on the University and applies this to own work.
• Demonstrates understanding of how the University operates and a sensitivity to its political and organisational priorities, and applies this to own work.
• Uses a range of communication skills and strategies to gain commitment to action or change.
• Demonstrates collaborative working, builds open, trusting and effective partnerships.
Performance and Resource Management
• Actively manages programmes of work to achieve quality standards and targets.
The POD consultant will work with a range of people, including:
• Assistant Director of HR – POD
Informal enquires to Kate Crane – Assistant Director HR, email: email@example.com
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.
06.01.2022, 2:14:29 PM
Grade (for job description) Grade 8
Salary (Pay Basis)
Advert Close Date
30.01.2022, 11:59:00 PM