SummarySalary: Competitive Team: Intellectual Property Location: United Kingdom – Malmesbury Office
Dyson is growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people. Pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers. At Dyson, we take a problem-solving approach to everything we do.Our Legal and IP teams protect our profit and keep us competitive by ensuring our technology stays unique for as long as possible.
This is an exciting prospect to be a part of the ambitious growth taking place at Dyson. The Patent Attorney will be working closely with the IP team, Research, Design and Development teams, and outside counsel in the support of RDD project & technology teams to manage IP risk, and deliver strategic value and advice to the Enterprise. You will be involved in supporting locally generated technologies and projects from conception to production, as well as projects transferring from the UK for pre-production engineering and manufacture. Together these will span a diverse range of categories including health and beauty, energy storage, digital motors and robotics. You will be called on to advise RDD teams and the wider Enterprise on a wide range of IP issues, including external collaborations, IP filing strategies, and risks presented by third party IP. The work is stimulating and challenging and the environment is characterised by energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
About the role
* To work alongside IP and RDD teams to execute strategies to support RDD project & technology teams.
* To review invention disclosure forms, engage with outside counsel to support patent drafting activities, and prosecute patent applications globally to deliver strategically relevant patents in a cost-effective manner.
* To advise the Enterprise on potential risks relating to third parties’ rights through analysing freedom-to-operate searches and challenging the validity of third party rights.
* To support legal and RDD teams on IP ownership and licensing aspects of collaboration, research and development agreements.
* To educate RDD teams and the wider Enterprise on IP fundamentals and IP-related processes within the Enterprise.
* To report regularly to IP and RDD teams on delivery of IP services to the Enterprise.
* Qualified patent attorney, preferably a Singapore registered patent attorney.
* A strong technical background and relevant experience in chemical, mechanical or electro-mechanical fields.
* Team-oriented, with the ability to communicate IP matters to non-IP personnel in a clear and concise manner.
* Proactive, demonstrating willingness to own and develop areas of responsibility.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.
At Dyson, it’s about more than our machines. We recognise that our success comes from our inventive people. We believe in including everybody and supporting you on your journey with us
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We’re taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate.