We’re a national law firm with a local reach. Our philosophy is ‘Expert Hand, Human Touch’ – something you’ll find in the way we work with our clients and how we support our teams. But, we’re more than just a law firm – we’re a team, working together to help individuals and businesses navigate life’s ups and downs.
Whichever team you join, working here you’ll feel a part of our friendly and inclusive environment. We’ll value you for who you are and what you bring. We support each other and push boundaries to achieve incredible things, and make a real difference to our clients and communities.
The work we do has been recognised in the awards we’ve won. We’re committed to being even better, and our awards help to show we’re on the right track.
Every year, thousands of people are injured in accidents or are taken ill while abroad. We help clients to make a holiday compensation claim, or to claim if they were injured or suffered an illness while working abroad. Our lawyers have helped thousands to claim compensation following illness or accidents abroad in a wide range of circumstances, including: road traffic accidents, food poisoning and gastric illness and accidents at sea.
We have the UK’s largest and most successful team of lawyers specialising in making accident claims abroad, with several of our lawyers recognised internationally as leaders in the field. Our aim is to make the claims process as simple as possible for clients, handling cases with a compassionate approach that puts clients and their family’s wellbeing first.
Our recent work includes:
- Six-figure compensation for cyclist hit by uninsured hit-and-run driver in Spain
- Exoskeleton lets father walk again after holiday car accident, we helped get the therapy and adaptive equipment he needs to get the most out of life
- Holiday illness solicitors have helped eleven holidaymakers claim a combined five-figure settlement after their holidays were ruined by illness aboard the Arcadia cruise ship
You don’t always need to have a law degree to work as a Paralegal at Irwin Mitchell. In the International Personal Injury, we’re keen to have you on board if you are a great team player and willing to learn quickly. You’ll have your own caseload right from the beginning so this is a fantastic opportunity to gain real, hands-on experience in a law firm. You’ll have involvement in fast track value cases, with claims up-to £25,000 and group actions up-to 24 claimants.
You’re role will involve but is not limited to:
- Taking instructions from clients and assist with the giving of legal advice, including obtaining evidence and, where appropriate, assist with litigation, to achieve appropriate resolutions for the clients.
- Achieve time recording and fee income targets to ensure profitable working.
- Attend and contribute to team/practice area meetings and comply with directions/decisions made to ensure team objectives achieved.
- Keep up to date with changes in relevant law and practice and attend appropriate training events to ensure up to date legal knowledge and best practice.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to receive your application!
**This vacancy will close on Friday 9th October.**
We’re proud of our values, and we’re looking for people who share them:
- To be pioneering with an imaginative outlook
- To be approachable and caring
- To be tenacious in the pursuit of our objectives
- To be efficient in the provision of our services
- To work with a foundation of integrity.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to receive your application
- 25 days annual leave, with the opportunity to buy additional leave
- Two fundraising days in a year to give back to the community (fully paid!)
- Westfield Health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
We also offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace as well as flexible working options to ensure that you are fully supported to work the way that best suits you. Our social responsibility programme is fundamental to who we are. We’re committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace where our colleagues can flourish. We have a range of groups to celebrate our people across sexuality, disability, age, gender and culture.
As part of the Irwin Mitchell Group’s on-boarding process all successful applicants are required to complete the group’s employment screening process. This process helps to ensure that all new employees meet our standards in relation to honesty and integrity therefore protecting the interests of the Group, existing employees, clients, partners and other stakeholders.
Depending on the role you apply for we may carry out checks that will establish your eligibility to work in the UK, and criminal record check and financial checks with a credit reference agency will also be undertaken.
The employment screening process will fully comply with Data Protection and other applicable laws.
Irwin Mitchell LLP is an equal opportunity employer.