Operations Team Leader – Central Staff Hub – 97482 – Grade 7
Human Resources Central Staff Hub – Operations Team
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £30,942 to £40,322, with potential progression once in post to £42,792.
Closing date 13 June 2021
The role is to provide assistance in the management and delivery of HR administration support within the Central Staff Hub. The post holder will supervise the Operations administration team ensuring that the HR systems remain accurate and up to date, provide advice and guidance, and remaining professional and customer focused at all times while achieving SLA compliance and quality standards.
This role will drive achievement of our agreed Service Standards and ensuring our objective of a high quality customer service is consistently offered.
This role will be line managed by the HR Operations Manager.
This role operates from within an integrated HR service, supporting colleagues across our community, to better meet the needs of the University.
To support the management of the HR Operations administration team within the Central Staff Hub, monitoring performance, ensuring that cases/system activity is completed accurately and conducting regular individual meetings with team members.
- Act as a source of information and expert advice about HR Administration activities.
- To advise colleagues on system activity and University policy and procedures when required.
- To authorise and confirm the joiner and post changes within Core Systems ensuring accuracy and providing training to administrators where required.
- To identify and deliver improvements to processes so they remain effective and fit for purpose.
- Working collaboratively with the Operations Manager, Annual Processes Lead and other colleagues in the prioritisation and handling of workloads, supporting others within the Central Staff Hub as required.
- To strive for the team to achieve their service standards and work to achieve these through effective training and guidance, using appropriately directed strategies to support a commitment to quality.
- Lead team meetings and individual team activity to include; performance, quality assurance and staff welfare.
- To plan and support the ongoing training for Core systems and monitor effectiveness including developing proposals for proposed system enhancements.
- To manage resource required for Core System testing and other project related activity on top of the delivery of day to day administrative activities
- Ensuring the values and behaviours framework is active within the office and being followed by individuals.
- Support colleagues with the creation of the guidance documents/intranet/workarounds for Core Systems and ensure process maps remain up to date.
- To support the Operations Manager in the recruitment and induction of any new HR Operations positions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Strong line management experience.
- Experience of data analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a team, flexibly to meet team objectives.
- Excellent IT skills and ability to learn new processes
- Experience in a HR administration role an advantage.
- An understanding of the Higher Education sector an advantage.
- General education to at least A-level standard or equivalent diploma an advantage
- Experience of a Shared Service role an advantage
- Experience of Oracle HR system an advantage
Informal enquires to Charlotte Bowles, email: email@example.com
We value diversity at The University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community’
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment