Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
In the Atlantic Inertial Systems business we design and manufacture products for control, navigation and guidance for surface and air applications in the global aerospace, defence and commercial markets. Our world leading products include the innovative MEMS based inertial sensors and IMUs and the digital terrain reference navigation system, TERPROM®. Our growth plan includes development and extension of our current technologies into civil aircraft applications.
A vacancy has arisen for a Operations Support Electronics Engineer. The role involves working within the site’s “Quality and Delivery Assurance Clinic”, a multi-functional team tasked with independently ensuring the technical quality of the site’s production output, and investigating and correcting any faults affecting delivered product.
The electronics experts within the team are responsible for all activities related to product design and performance. This includes undertaking detailed investigations on production failures and customer returns, working with product design teams to ensure lessons learnt are reflected in the product design process, and technically approving change and concession requests.
As this is a production support role, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the flexibility required to cope with changing workload demands. This may occasionally require working outside normal office hours subject to production and shift schedules.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of definition and implementation of diagnostic tests to assess product failures on high integrity electronics products.
- Experience of definition and performance of detailed failure investigations at circuit & component level on high integrity electronics products, including circuit & signal analysis and fault finding from first principles.
- Experience of performing and leading Root Cause investigations using industry standard tools & processes.
- Experience of assessment and approval of concessions and change requests; ideally has held technical or other delegated authority.
- Demonstrated ability to develop understanding of products, design and manufacturing processes within a new organisation.
- Experience of working within defined Business / Quality Management and Documentation Systems.
In return, we offer a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms