About the role
As a Mechanical Research Engineer you will work within the heater research team to tackle thermal and mechanical challenges posed by the new technologies we are developing. Your will be responsible for:
- Running your own research projects; either supporting the application of technology into future products and/or more fundamental research, developing new concepts and capabilities within the team.
- Developing 3D CAD and engineering drawings for mechanical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
- Generating innovative concepts based on scientific theory and then verifying via experimental test and simulation.
- The use of analytical techniques, such as Finite Element Analysis, to influence design decisions.
- The design, build and test of prototypes, and then the succinct analyse and communication of findings.
- Utilising system engineering principles to define, optimise and validate a technologies performance.
- Working with design engineering, quality and manufacturing teams to integrate our technologies into products.
- Challenging and developing Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve our efficiency and effectiveness