Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Our client are the UK’s leader of steel finishing services who operate from eight plants across the UK serving a wide variety of customers. The role is based at their Walsall Branch and is to provide support and engineering expertise to the site’s galvanizing operation.
The role is to strengthen the department in achieving the following objectives:-
– Ensuring that inspection and service tasks are carried out and relevant reports are up-to-date;
– Carry out routine maintenance and general mechanical/electrical tasks;
– Help to ensure that spares are ordered timely in order to effectively manage spare parts inventory so as to minimise downtime and cost;
– Help to ensure that work environment is safe for the work force and visitors in keeping with the relevant Health and Safety regulations;
– Adhere to an effective preventative maintenance program so as to reduce downtime and improve efficiency;
– Help to ensure timely assets updating and renewal.
Key Skills required:-
– Exposure to industrial environment and overhead crane systems is beneficial;
– Rounded maintenance skillset and the ability to adapt with changing work demands is essential;
– Mechanically competent with strong welding and fabrication skills;
– Reliable and flexible in the sense that out-of-hours working is sometimes necessary.
Scheduled hours are between 8am and 4:30pm with optional overtime. The individual will be required to work one day out of the weekend (usually Sunday’s at present), but will have the option to have a day off during the week if they don’t want to work a 6 day week.
Excellent remuneration benefits are offered to include a salary of c£30k, for a 5 day week.
This is a genuine straight permanent job opportunity with excellent career prospects. Please click on the apply button to submit your details or email your CV directly to