About the Role
Our Engineers are part of a global team that develop technology from research concept stage through to production; the latter of this process is in collaboration with our teams in Singapore & the Philippines with the opportunity to travel if desired.
- Working as part of a team, be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from defined concepts to production.
- Use established Dyson development processes and good engineering practice to deliver robust design solutions that meet specification requirements.
- Develop designs that are refined for low cost, high volume manufacturing.
- Generate engineering development plans and report to technical management on risks, timescales and technical issues.
- Conduct or define lab-based testing for component and system characterisation and validation.
- Work closely with prototype build technicians to define and optimise assembly processes and equipment from initial concepts to full scale production.
- Optimise & validate mechanical designs using appropriate modelling, simulation and analysis tools.
- Demonstrate a mind-set of continuous improvement to challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices.
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation.
- Collaborate with the wider Dyson engineering teams both in the UK and in Asia.