An opportunity has arisen in our Quality Dept for a full time Materials Co-ordinator reporting directly to the Quality Control Manager.
The ideal candidate would have experience of working in a chemical manufacturing facility within a warehouse and laboratory environment. You should be a good communicator, literate, numerate and have excellent team working skills as you will need to work as a highly effective team member. A knowledge of COSHH assessments and Material Safety Data Sheets is also desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
Qualifications required are minimum “A” level (or equivalent) at a pass grade, to include chemistry. Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office etc.).
- Inspect deliveries of chemical raw materials on receipt and passes information to the quality control department in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Undertake, supervise and oversee sampling operations on site.
- Report any deficiencies from the sampling or inspection process to the Quality Control Manager and aid their investigation.
- Responsible for the provision and maintenance of sampling equipment.
- Direct contact with raw material suppliers on certification issues.
- Responsible for the QA inspection of product packaging and labelling.
- Training of quality control and process plant personnel in sampling techniques.
- Ensure that safety, health and environmental standards are maintained.
Salary for the ideal candidate will be in the range of £19,000-21,000 per annum for a 36.25 hour week (Monday-Friday 08.45-16.30). Other benefits include 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays, a paid sick pay scheme, and a group stakeholder pension scheme to which we contribute.