Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Local Material Compliance lead ensures conformance to applicable standards and material regulations (e.g. RoHs, REACH compliance & WEEE for EU market, TSCA for U.S. market) for all local production. Manage operational supplier quality, on or off-site, ensuring the supplier qualification and development processes are executed in full. Drive both corrective and preventive actions with the suppliers, based on maturity and performance. Support and improve supplier Quality KPI Performance alongside the SCM team. This role will initially focus on Material Compliance, working with remote teams, with a natural evolution over time into Supplier Quality.
- Regular Reporting: Status of material compliance, the progress of supplier risk mitigation activities and facilitate supplier product development activities to maximize supplier innovation and improvements in Quality, Delivery, Cost and Risk Management, including use of Supplier Quality Management tools and systems.
- Continue to develop own awareness of Material Regulations, sharing this with stakeholders, coaching on use of dashboards and platforms for retrieving relevant data.
- Review the status of compliances of local products provided by the Material Compliance dashboard (Product Code, Supplier, part number) and Assent platform.
- Identify gaps and information needed to fulfill material compliance and co-ordinates actions with key stakeholders (Product Mgt, R&D, QA, SCM) to resolve gaps.
- Trigger data gathering process in agreement with the PRU Compliance lead and the Global Material Compliance lead (Information come from Suppliers and R&D team).
- Prepare Statement of Conformity (SOC) as required by customers, or external regulatory bodies (e.g. ECHA), through validation with stakeholders and sign off by PMU mgr and any other authority requested by the local legislation.
- Manage operational supplier quality, including validating the supplier’s quality systems and the quality of the supplier’s processes.
- Drive approval of supplier parts, materials and project subcontractor service activities, including use of PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) and product surveillance at supplier manufacturing sites.
- Support the quick reaction of supply issues related to quality issues, deliveries, non-conforming products or project services and prepare claims cases when necessary.
- Work with Procurement management as needed to continually improve supplier qualification process, including necessary training materials.
- Lead the execution of supplier assessments, driving both corrective and preventive actions as applicable, based on supplier maturity and performance.
- Degree level qualified (Science, Manufacturing or Engineering subject) or HNC/HND
- Qualified Lead Auditor.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP and BoM structures.
- Experience of working with cross functional teams.
- Attention to detail, accurate and disciplined.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing experience.
- Project management and reporting is a plus.
- Previous experience of material compliance and / or supplier quality management is a plus.
- Lean 6-Sigma Green Belt is a plus.