Marketing Communications Manager
UK, West Midlands, Birmingham
About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Communications Manager to join our team to work in Coleshill, Birmingham.
To devise and coordinate effectively and engage in marketing communications that drive value for our business and enhance our reputation.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with BBV / Integrated Project Team senior management to develop, implement and evaluate marketing strategies and multi-channel communications plans that effectively position BBV, as well as parent companies, with key stakeholders. In so doing, help BBV, HS2 and its Strategic Business Partners meet their objectives.
- Ensure that all BBV marketing communications are in alignment with and supportive of the BBV HS2 strategy and conform to the corporate brand identity standards.
- Develop, manage and administer the BBV website, keeping it at the forefront of relevance, design and functionality.
- Develop content for the BBV social media channels, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate posting and sharing of content.
- Effectively manage BBVs photographic and videography processes (including the management of relevant photographic and videography contractors), to ensure relevant and timely capture of content for use by BBV and HS2. To include management of the HS2 photo / video approval process.
- Working with the BBV Graphic Designer, support the development, production and publishing of content including graphics, video and other outputs as required. To include the development of marketing collateral including brochures, flyers, presentations and events materials.
- Manage a budget while continuously looking for ways to reduce spending and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Line manage the BBV Graphic Designer and work with the wider Communications team / BBV colleagues
- Ensure issues, opportunities and key milestones are shared in a timely manner with the wider communications team to enable them to deliver aligned communications outputs.
- Facilitate sharing of success and learning, continuous improvement and best practice among the Communications community of practice.
Who we’re looking for
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining websites and social media / other digital channels.
- Working knowledge of website content management systems
- The ability to manage multiple projects through to delivery
- Good stakeholder management skills, with experience of setting, measuring and delivering communications goals.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2’s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all – living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people’s personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK’s infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We’ve successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.