Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
As the Manufacturing Operations Manager reporting into the Plant Director, you will create, own and develop the manufacturing area and be responsible for the translation of the Global and Regional KPIs into the activities that provide your framework of operation and improvement for you and your team. Supported by your motivational leadership and relentless desire for everyday great delivery and execution, you drive a team ethic that at its core is passionate for continual improvement.
How you will contribute :
- Manages change/ transformation change/ transformation amongst the Operating teams in the implementation of IL6S-Integrated Lean 6 sigma phase journey, FoF-Factory of Future Line centric organization & roles (AM-Autonomous Maintenance, PM-Progressive Maintenance and an integrated 6 star model within operating Line teams) to progress into Self sufficient teams. Role models Values and principles through effective coaching, mentoring and development of the team.
- Support the Manufacturing annual operational plans and targets to meet Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Sustainability, Engagement goals in line with the site Compelling business need. coach Line Leaders, cascade & communicate the plans and targets to employees to ensure alignment and understanding around priorities, focus and KPI’s.
- Lead and be Accountable to establish a strong Governance to Review, Control Operational performance and Continuous Improvement plan and embed a zero loss mindset to constantly improve and deliver against best in class both internally and externally. Drive the Operating team to identify and manage improvements to technology, culture, capability and operating systems to deliver a best practice and reliable operation.
- Support all Manufacturing standards, Governance, Compliance requirements (e.g. Corporate Quality, Food safety & GMP, Health, Safety, Security, Environment, Sustainability, Code of conduct, Policies & principles, Operational standards, Local legal requirements, Internal Audit norms, & other procedures updated from time to time) are in place, understood by all, and is regularly reviewed and monitored for effective implementation.
- Lead and be Accountable for Talent, Capabilities & Engagement for the Manufacturing team – identify and implement critical levers to attract, retain & develop critical talent and builds capability at all levels, technical and behavioral, to build a sustainable workforce profile for the future. Partner effectively with all multi-functional peers internally & externally (outside the plant) to achieve objectives, goals and KPI’s.
- Act as a Safety Leader for the section by the active support and role modelling of Safety, Security and Environment (SSE) programmes and reinforce safe behaviour of production team members.
- Deliver operational and financial improvements through the consistent challenge of machine and machine standards, work processes and systems. You will identify profit margin enhancing opportunities, develop business benefit scenarios and through effective utilisation of CI processes and disciplines, implement improvement projects.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Experience within the Food or FMCG Industry is preferable.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems (SAP)
- Strong operational & manufacturing leadership experience in CPG industry with experience in TPM-Total productive maintenance, 5s, LEAN, 6 sigma tools and concepts
- Strong people management skills – including a strong ability to coach mentor and develop managers, Operations staff and Process Engineers.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), coaching, and leadership skills in a team-based environment. Demonstrated abilities in Analytics, problem solving and team building
- An Engineer with a strong financial & business acumen, project management skills and Knowledge of industrial maintenance and manufacturing equipment.
- Considerable experience in Manufacturing environment (Production, Maintenance, Engineering preferred, Section Shift Manager experiences highly recommended
More about this role
Travel requirements: None
Work schedule: 100%
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland.
No Relocation support available, however for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We are leading the future of snacking with mouth-watering iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita, LU and Ritz biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Green & Blacks, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Philadelphia and Dairylea cheese; and Maynards Bassetts, Trebor and Trident gums. Our more than 80,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.