An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. JLR is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
In this multi-skilled role, you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to join a highly skilled, dynamic maintenance team based in Hams Hall.
You will contribute towards the long-term success of Jaguar Land Rover by being part of the team in a Battery assembly Centre with new manufacturing assets. The manufacturing asset footprint includes numerous modern technologies encompassing automated multi-axis robots, automated welding and joining equipment, laser joining systems, automated conveyors, complex tooling and fixturing and lifting equipment to name but a few. Delivering a premium product from your manufacturing facility, you will take extreme pride in being part of the maintenance operations team at Hams Hall, providing engineering maintenance support to maximise production efficiencies by maintaining all manufacturing assets and ancillary equipment within the manufacturing facility.
Through living and breathing our purpose, vision, strategy and transformation you will exemplify World Class maintenance skills, behaviours and competencies in all you do, maximising manufacturing efficiencies.This will enable you to grow with the manufacturing facility and be a part of something very special within our global organisation.
WHAT TO EXPECT
● To work as part of the maintenance team to ensure a safe and efficient production performance is delivered within the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People and Environment framework
● Performing detailed preventive and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with schedules
● Fault diagnosis and rectification on all plant and equipment within the manufacturing facility
● Identifying the root cause of asset faults, improving asset performance and reliability to meet operational objectives
● Providing a fast and efficient response time to any plant breakdowns that occur, whilst ensuring all company procedures and standards are adhered to
● Provide process knowledge and guidance for Kaizen activities with integrated production and maintenance teams
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
● A recognised time-served apprenticeship with NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an engineering maintenance discipline
● A proven maintenance engineering professional with high standards of electrical and mechanical understanding and competencies
● Expertise in fault diagnosis and rectification processes, and planned and corrective maintenance activities gained from within a similar role as part of an industrial maintenance team
● Ability to work to find root cause of failure in reactive maintenance scenarios, and implement permanent corrective actions
● The ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
● Knowledge and experience of automation and control, robotics, welding, conveyor systems and mechanical systems
● Knowledge and understanding of health and safety processes
● Experience of operating in a high volume, fast paced 24/7 manufacturing environment
● Previous automotive maintenance experience would be advantageous, though not essential
● Knowledge of Quality Operating Systems procedures and deliverables
● Understanding of environmental controls and practices
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family and membership of a competitive pension plan. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.