|TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2021|
Job Title: Machining Team Leader
Salary: Up to £17.58ph depending on experience
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Share Scheme (50% company matched), Contribution Pension Scheme (contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage (discounts and cashback)
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Who is Caterpillar? What do we do?
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products
and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform
to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment,
help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company.
You power our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Caterpillar’s Building Construction Products facility at Leicester is dedicated to the assembly of small construction machines typically used on building and construction sites – Backhoe Loaders and Compact Wheel Loaders. Founded in 1952, Leicester was the first venture by Caterpillar outside the United States. The Caterpillar Building Construction Products’ fabrication facility at Stockton uses the latest technology to cut, weld and machine all the major structures for use at its assembly plant at Leicester.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Continually monitor and audit Health & Safety, People, Quality, Velocity and cost metrics within your span of control as per Caterpillar Production System (CPS) guidelines.
- Ensure all relevant information is communicated to appropriate departments/personnel.
- Route cause analysis on any issues raised within your area of responsibility.
- Hold daily start of shift meetings.
- Coach team members and maintain the skills matrix for the team and make recommendations for enhancements.
- Maintain team boards against the following metrics: People, Quality, Velocity and cost.
- Culture – reinforce Caterpillar’s Values in Action policy.
- Respond to incidents on machine centers and dispatch support resources as needed. Assist to identify root cause corrective action.
- Provide support to the Section Manager.
- Assist in the creation, training and implementation of standardised work and risk assessments processes.
- Participate in Process Improvement Dialogs (PIDs) and Rapid Improvement Workshops (RIWs).
- Proactively plan for future quality, staffing, safety and production requirements.
- Respond to unforeseen quality, staffing, safety and production matters, liaise with Section Manager with an immediate corrective action plan.
- Generate and work on Continuous Improvement ideas for your assigned area using the Continuous
- Adhere to the company’s Health & Safety policy and safe working practices.
- Undertake training and further learning as required.
- Report all Health and Safety incidences in line with the company guidelines.
Skills and Experience:
- As a team member the ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
- A good level of understanding of machining operations and associated equipment.
- A self-motivated individual, with the flexibility to deal with individual and team behaviors, you should be able to motivate others with your advice and experience
- Initiative and strong communication, interpersonal & organisation skills.
- Understand & promote Caterpillar’s Values in Action.
- Identify with Caterpillar’s belief in the value of continuous improvement & a team-based culture.
- Proficient in using production problem solving techniques. • Willing to undertake training and further learning as required.
- This role is a multi-shift position.
- Previous leadership experience is preferred.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .