Manufacturing & Supply Chain
As a Logistics Planning & Design Manager , you will have the opportunity to transform the current and future business. You will be guiding and developing a team who provide creative solutions for the site logistics.
You are responsible for the design and implementation of logistics processes, machinery & equipment, storage concepts, material flow and associated Logistics activities for Caterpillar BCP (UK) Ltd. You will be part of the Supply Chain group and will be responsible for developing teams to create innovative solutions for current and future processes, optimising safety and efficiency whilst creating or improving processes to maintain high levels of inventory control.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for team that is performing work to achieve supply chain performance targets focused on inventory control, inventory flow and improved order-to-delivery results.
- Coordinates and manages projects e.g., warehouse storage design, space utilisation, kitting or lean methodology including replenishment methods.
- Coordinates and manages team to support daily logistical operational requirements.
- Determines appropriate equipment and staffing levels to manage movement of materials at the facility.
- Responsible for developing and managing department budget and capital expenditure.
- Coordinates teams to develop logistics metrics, utilising analytical tools to improve efficiency and monitor performance.
- Develop operating strategies, plans and procedures.
- Conduct logistical studies to identify cost reduction or process improvement opportunities.
- Manage 3rd party storage solutions including material flow & transport to meet production requirements.
- Take a facility-wide view of supply chain planning processes and tools, in order to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams across functions and divisions.
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships, collaborating and negotiating to achieve facility objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business.
- Being able to develop teams, building mutual trust, respect and cooperation amongst team members.
- Must have advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to creatively solve very complex problems.
- Experience of managing, designing & implementing warehouse storage solutions, logistics processes, including metrics, material flow and control.
- Can adapt and prioritise team’s workload to meet business requirements.
- Progressive experience within supply chain and/or logistics roles.
- Must have project management experience.
Candidates may have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain
- Knowledge of SAP implementation and management.
- AutoCAD & logistical software
- PRINCE2 or similar qualification
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role, in-line with the needs of the business.
Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
What will Caterpillar do for you?
From day one, you’re set up to thrive at Caterpillar: helpful training, relatable mentors, global experience, competitive salary package, work-life balance and the growth opportunities you expect with a Fortune 100 company. Your power is our success and we are committed to empowering yours. After all, when your work can impact the entire world, it’s important to do work that matters.
Job Title: Logistics Planning Design Manager
Salary: £49,300 – £62,00 depending on experience
Benefits: 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, 12% Bonus, Private Medical Cover (employee only family added at cost), Share Scheme (50% Company Matched), Contributory Pension Scheme (Contribution double by Company up to 10%), Free Car Parking, Caterpillar Advantage website
Location: Desford, Leicestershire
Hours: Full Time – 37.50
Travel: Up to 10 % to include UK/EAME/Global
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: 24 June
Job Reference: R0000128279
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .